alternative water heat

I lost my job. The utility prices in my area continue to increase regularly. I cannot keep up and my home is at risk of getting cut off soon. Are there any decent alternatives for water heat? Thank you

There is always the option of heating your water with solar water heaters. With an investment you can cut out the energy suppliers and pull power directly from the sun. If you require a smaller volume of heated water, there are schematics for building your owns solar water heater.

I’ve included a link on some water-heater basics, and a second link to a site showing you how to build a solar water-heater out of recycled materials.

Depending on your location, there may also be low-income assistance for such things as the basic utilities. In some cases, it can reduce your bills significantly. Contact your utility provider.