Is Al Gore a vegetarian?

According to, Al Gore explains his dietary preferences do not include a vegetarian option. In November 2009, asked by the UK Ciimate Minister he answered that, altough he does not plan on turning vegetarian, he reportedly said he acknowledged that a vegetarian diet would help fighting climate change.

This is quote taken from an article that discusses Al Gore’s preference for meat.

“I’m not a vegetarian, but I have cut back sharply on the meat that I eat,” he explained. “It’s absolutely correct that the growing meat intensity of diets around the world is one of the issues connected to this global crisis – not only because of the CO2 involved, but also because of the water consumed in the process.”

Al Gore does not consider himself to be a vegetarian, but he does claim to have reduced significantly on the amount of meat he consumes daily. He fully believes that eating meat has contributed largely to the environmental problems, and has publicly endorsed the benefits of a vegetarian diet. He makes the realistic expectation when urging Americans to not necessarily all become vegetarians, but to simply eat less meat for good results.